Columbia ClearCorrect Orthodontics
A straight smile doesn’t have to mean spending years with a mouthful of metal brackets and wires. At Beck Dental Care, we are happy to provide patients an almost invisible alternative – ClearCorrect alignment tray orthodontics. Using clear, plastic alignment trays, this orthodontic solution delivers perfectly aligned smiles quickly and comfortably, leaving you looking and feeling your very best. Are you ready to get started with your ClearCorrect alignment tray orthodontic system? Call our Columbia dentist and team to schedule a consultation appointment today. We’ll be happy to examine your smile and create a custom treatment plan to deliver your flawlessly aligned smile.
What is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is an alignment tray orthodontic system. Using a series of clear plastic aligners, teeth are shifted into their ideal alignment over the course of several months. For many patients, ClearCorrect is a viable alternative to traditional bracket and wire braces treatments.
Am I a Candidate for ClearCorrect?
More patients than ever, including teens, can now correct their smile alignment using ClearCorrect. Alignment tray orthodontic systems can even be used to correct more advanced concerns like over, under, and crossbite. ClearCorrect is ideal for those patients who:
- Want to straighten smiles quickly with fewer checkup visits
- Want to correct their bite alignment without the hassle of bracket and wire braces
- Want to achieve flawless smiles without adversely impacting their appearance during treatment
- Have allergies or sensitivities to metal making traditional braces a less than ideal option
How Does ClearCorrect Work?
Each sit of ClearCorrect trays represents your smile one step closer to the desired end result. Patients wear the aligners for 20 hours a day for about two weeks. Then, simply exchange their current alignment trays for the next set in the series. Every six to eight weeks, patients visit us for checkups to ensure the smile is moving according to plan.
What are the Benefits of ClearCorrect?
Traditional braces are still the right orthodontic option for many patients, including younger patients and those who need to make very advanced orthodontic changes. However, it’s always important to straighten your smile in order to ensure the optimal level of oral health. Straight and evenly spaced teeth are easier to care for, meaning you are at decreased risk for tooth decay and gum disease. When the bite fits together properly and teeth receive even pressure, you are less likely to experience chips and cracks in teeth or strain to the TMJ. Some other benefits of ClearCorrect include:
- Fast – traditional braces treatment can take 18 to 36 months or longer. ClearCorrect plans are completed in about 12 months. In addition to this significantly shorter overall treatment time, patients will also save time during their ClearCorrect plan with fewer checkup appointments, making clear aligners ideal for those with busy schedules.
- Comfortable – shifting teeth into their ideal alignment is always going to cause some discomfort, but bracket and wire orthodontics add soft tissue irritation to this mix. Clear aligners allow patients to straighten their smiles with smooth, plastic trays that minimize the discomfort associated with orthodontic treatment.
- No hassle – because alignment trays are removable, patients can look forward to maintaining their regular diets and oral hygiene routines throughout treatment. No need to skip out on your favorite meals or spend additional time brushing and flossing around brackets and wires.
Cosmetic – for those patients who are concerned about their professional image ClearCorrect offers a way to improve the appearance of your smile without adversely impacting your look during treatment. You’ll be creating improved oral health, and all anyone will see is a flawless smile.